7 March 2012

DJ in FOCUS - A GAME

DJ Name: A Game (nickname Brown Bear)


Genre: All Genres – Mash up DJ


Number of years on the Decks: 6


Any Mixtapes: http://soundcloud.com/the-keystone-group/bungalow-8-sunset-mix-a-game I did this recently for Bungalow 8 http://soundcloud.com/dj-a-game - some of my mixes on here too


First gig: 1st Official Gig was my DJ Duo group the Backhanderz in 2007 at Ruby Rabbit. The night was an old skool house night which consisted of old Ibiza style classics. We played vinyls old too.


How did you learn the art: I was 16 when I 1st went to Ibiza. I fell in love with the house music as I never heard it before. I was bought up on Mowtown, Reggage, Soul, Hip Hop and rap. While in Ibiza I bought a shed load of vinyls back from my holidays’ and then bought my 1st Technic 1210s to play them on.

Do you practice at home: Not really anymore. I kinda freestyle when I play live and its always seems to pay off.

Your favourite type of music: Man this is tough. I love all music apart from trance. I grew up on R&B basically, but I love dance music through from the commercial stuff, Nu Disco, Deep House and in the downtime I listen to chillout and even Classic music. I produce chill out/alternative music. So in short No I don’t ;)



Your favourite track of all time: Again there’s too many to say, however I’ll give you 3. Massive Attack – Teardrop, Brothers Johnson – Stomp and Armand Van Helden – You don’t know me

Your favourite artist of all time: This is easy – Michael Jackson. Don’t really need to say more about him do I!

Favourite gig:
Good Vibrations 2009 – In the Star Bar Tent. It was raining that day and everyone rush to come into the tent I was playing in (Backhanderz gig). There was about 5000 crazy festival goers which added the electric atmosphere of the set. Amazing experience!

Career highlight: I’d definitely say Good Vibes both in 2007 & 2008. Playing before Eric Morrillo on NYD at Ivy Pool in 2010

What do you think about the music today compared to when you first started Djing: Music is timeless, so when I play usual style mash up set I play music from all genres past and present. The great thing about technology today is you can make music from the comfort of your home instead of being in a studio play thousands of dollars. The Streets 1st album was produced at home. Calvin Harris produced originally from his bedroom.

What can the people expect to hear from you set: People will hear a bit of everything but delivered with an addictive twist. I want people to sing along with music and essentially put them in a reminiscent state of bliss. “I heard that when I was....This reminds me of....”

What's hot for you right now: Certainly not this Sydney Summer. There’s a couple of tracks I’m feeling Norwegian artist called Bernhoft track called Cmon Talk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEsAEsYCw4 and a remix by a coolio Sydney DJ called Devola where he mashes up Ying Yang Twins – Whistle Song with a John Legend cover of Adele’s – Rolling in the deep - http://soundcloud.com/devola/whisper-in-the-deep-feat-john


Get out of trouble track (Dance floor clearing, you drop it the crowd jumps up): "Show me Love" (Laidback Luke remix)

Radio Show: Not anymore

Places the people can catch you: IVY every fortnight on a Friday, Bungalow 8 every fortnight, White Revolver, Kit Kaboodle and Beach Haus


FOLLOW DJ Aaron Bannie: 

 Angel





 

No comments:

Post a Comment